Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 4:46:06 PM EDT
Hi !
I'm doing an AR build with a "Stag Arms" lower and found that when I tried to install an accu-wedge it was too tall to close the upper.
I have built 9 or 10 AR's in different configurations over the years but this is the first time that I've used a "Stag" lower.
Anyway, my question is, is this normal for these lowers and if so, is there a way to use an accu-wedge?
Actually the upper and lower are a snug fit for an AR but I like to use accu-wedges.

Thanks,

lineman
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally see no reason to use an accuwedge unless the upper and lower are flopping together. I'm not even sure where the name accuwedge came from, as it has no affect on accuracy whatsoever.

It sounds like you've got a good, tight fit, so I'd just toss the accuwedge and be thankful.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#2]
trim to fit or use an O-ring on the front lug
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly. Anything CMT/Stag fits so tight I can't force a piece of paper through it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Exactly. Anything CMT/Stag fits so tight I can't force a piece of paper through it.

My Stag has a slight amount of wobble to it, nothing major, but it ain't like my RRA
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#6]
if the recievers are tight then there's no need for the wedge but if you must just cut the bottom some to fit.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:01:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I used a wedge on my Stag that had a large hole Colt upper on it. I had to cut the wedge down to make it fit.
After I went to a small hole upper the fit was tight and didnt need the wedge.
I would hate to shoot the rifle that is so out of tolerance that you could put an un-trimed accu-wedge into.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Use an o-ring.  Cheaper, easier to in stall, invisible, easier to close the upper, etc., etc.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for your replies. I've owned quite a few AR's over the last 16 years and they all, whether new or after a couple thousand rounds started to get loose.
Putting the red wedges in AR's is something I've always done.
"Russ4777" the o-ring in the photo is slick. I really like that idea better than the wedges. Thanks for the photo.

lineman
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top