Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2003 5:11:35 PM EDT
OK, like father, like son.

My 6-year old has acquired the Junior version of "Black Rifle Disease". His dad is aiding and abetting his addiction:

Do you know how hard it is to find realistic toy guns ? Darn shame.

He knows the difference between an M16, M4, M203, OICW, etc. Can spot an ACOG a mile away.

When he was asked in Kindergarden to write a postcard to the Soldiers in Iraq, he wrote "Thanks Navy SEALs and Ghost Recon for keeping us safe." Sniff. (He's hung up on the XBOX and Ghost Recon). Wants to become one of them guys when he gets old enough, much to the displeasure of his mother:

Whadda ya' think ? An M4 for his first rifle instead of a Ruger 10/22 ? He's a darn good shot with his BB gun and my brother-in-law's 22. Heck the AR is a .22 right ?

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
He looks very professional! I know what you mean about the realistic toy guns, I wish I hadn't gotten rid of mine when I was a kid. Now I look around, and get any cool toy from the dollar store for my kids one day.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
YEah, the good ole days of real looking toy guns.

I guess you could get him some airsoft rifles. You could disable them if you want them to be toys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
That is just to f*****g cool! Way back when, I saw a toy M-16 that was almost identical tot he real thing. It fired plastic caps from a detachable magazine. I wish I had one today.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Missing from the collection is the M16 with M203 grenade launcher which broke in half. The grenade launcher portion shot out these little plastic balls. What a hoot.

He went dressed as a deer hunter last Halloween, but I'm pretty sure I know what this year will bring.

There's a funny story behind the deer hunter thing. He was at the park with his mom and little sister and decided to be the hunter. His mom was the designated quarry, so she hid behind a tree playing along. When she finally came into sight, he shouted "Wow, that's a BIG buck."

Needless to say my wife was not pleased about the comment on her size. The innocence of youth. When she told me the story, I laughed so hard I had Coke squirting out of my nose.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
good work....

He is even left handed [:D]

I think I still have my toy bolt gun. Where the bolt actually moved and looked like there was a real bullet in it. Then it made a bang when you pulled the trigger.

I should pull that sucker out someday.

KC
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey I had one of those toy bolt actions too and the M1a1 tommy gun that you cocked with a lever on the right and it made a machine gun sound as the lever went forward and the orange muzzle went back and forth real fast as the lever moved.Then there were those entertec batterie operated squirt guns you filled the detachable mag with water.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool, Hell, I like the toys too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Hell,
Since he's left handed give him a good guitar to learn. Its been proven that left handed artists musicians are usually better at what they do, since they use more of the autistic sides of the brain.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I feel his pain, When I was a kiddlet I snapped countless toy guns in half 'cuz they were'nt "Kid-Spec"![:D] One of my favorite was a green M60 with bipod and about 50 plastic linked rounds that actually fell out the ejection port when you fired it........it snapped in half as well!
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#10]
What is really rediculus is that in some states......like Maryland, well, Baltimore, it is illegal to carry a toy gun.  It is something like, confiscation of the toy and a $500 fine.  Because you might try to hold someone up with the toy.

BS!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Tell him to tuck in those elbows! lol[snoopy]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Good job zhukov! [:D]

BTW, where's the place to get toy guns these days?

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Just go on Ebay and get him some 1:1 scale airsoft replicas . You can get the plastic ones pretty cheap and they look exactly like the real thing.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#14]
There's a place on the web at [url=http://www.realistictoyguns.com]Realistictoyguns.com[/url]. The last gun I got at the gunshow. They sold many of the same items, but for much cheaper. Still - it's worth it. The barrels on most of them have been broken, but I've reinforced them with dowel rods  and they're better than new now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Since I have a decent NFA collection you would think my 11 year old son would love shooting. He's OK with it, but given the choice between going to the range or playing basketball, the orange ball always wins. My 13 year old daughter loves to shoot. I can show my boy a brand new machine gun that I've been waiting forever for and he say oh cool. Then grabs his ball and hits the hoop, even when it's over 100. That's ok. If he gets good enough to go pro someday he can buy his dad a really nice collection!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Here are some cool ones:

[img]http://www.realistictoyguns.com/images/28in_m-60_TRUCK_3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.realistictoyguns.com/images/bazooka_v.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.realistictoyguns.com/images/v_AK-47.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.realistictoyguns.com/images/17in_black_mp5-a4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://www.realistictoyguns.com/images/electric_m-16-3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Dude, those toy guys are awesome! I remember when I was little I had a toy beretty 92. The thing would go bang and make a clicking sound when you reacked the action. That was the schiz nit!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Since I have a decent NFA collection you would think my 11 year old son would love shooting. He's OK with it, but given the choice between going to the range or playing basketball, the orange ball always wins. My 13 year old daughter loves to shoot. I can show my boy a brand new machine gun that I've been waiting forever for and he say oh cool. Then grabs his ball and hits the hoop, even when it's over 100. That's ok. If he gets good enough to go pro someday he can buy his dad a really nice collection!
View Quote

How 'bout if I let you adopt me!  I'd go shooting with you & I hate basketball.  You could also put it in your will that I get the NFA collection! [:D]

When I was a kid, I didn't have any particular interest in firearms, but now I've got it bad!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#20]
M4, you just made 2 little boys and one big one very happy!  

Commie pinko's and bedroom ghouls beware, we are no longer armed with crappy Walmart wheel guns!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
M4, you just made 2 little boys and one big one very happy!  
View Quote

LOL Glad tyo hear! Are you getting some? If so which ones?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Let him "train" often with that thing and occasionally give him the real deal when down the firing range [:D]. (with supervision of course)

I bet he will be a good and safe shooter.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Look closely at the handguards on the M16.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bob
View Quote

I noticed that too. They are mounted sideways. Also a post-ban model, no bayo lug.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also looks like it has a 20round USA mag.

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#26]
The ones with the "bolt action" are a little bit sturdier than the other ones, so they get my recommendation. The "silenced" MP5 in the picture has that design. The M16 version has a thinner barrel, and may be prone to breakage, but that can be fixed with a dowel rod if it does, and the innards are of higher quality.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#27]
All i know is someone is going to figure out what that is above the ejection port on that AR and it will be the next "must have" bling bling item.....lol.....The coolest one i hade as a kid was a MP5SD toy it was 1:1 scale and the mag would release and everything...Also i had a pretty cool M16 toy that i taped some toliet paper rolls to the bottom to make it look like a M203......UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#28]
If you want to go serious on these toys, it will cost you a lot if you buy these Japanese ones -

[url]www.redwolfairsoft.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey, sideways handguards are "in" now, don't you know that? Ya'll need to get in the know!! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh yeah, here is my boy on the potty at 19 months old.  hes already showing some intrests. [img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/053870.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
[url]www.redwolfairsoft.com[/url]
View Quote

IF YOU GUYS HAVEN'T CHECKED THIS OUT, DO IT NOW...

Some of their products are friggin' insane! I want some....but then again, for that price i could get some REAL toys hehehe
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:44:54 AM EDT
[#32]
When I was a little dweeb, I had a toy M-14 that came with a loadable mag and some fake bullets.  When my kids were little they got a toy M-16.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top