Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 6:02:45 AM EDT
I am interested in a QD mount for a Harris bipod and I am going back and forth between the LaRue tactical and the A.R.M.S. mount.  From what I have noted in the EE, both units appear to be in the same price range.  I cannot find any threads indicating pros vs. cons between the two.  Any help or input would be greatly appreciated such as weight difference etc....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]
The ARMS is semi perminantly attached to the bi-pod while the LaRue uses a swivel stud so the bi-pod comes on and off like it was desigined to do.

I have an ARMS mount on my 6-9inch Harris.  Me and a friend were out calling coyotes the other day and whe were in some tall weeds.  He offered me his long harris to use from the sitting position but I had no way of mounting it.  If I would have had the LaRue I could have taken mine off and put his on.

This and the fact that Larue makes a better throw lever make me wish I had a LaRue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The ARMS bipod mount is the only product that I prefer to a Larue product. The Larue mount is just a quick release rail mount with a stud. You still use the Harris mounting system. Its a quick release to quick release system.  You can now get a harris 1913 rail mount adapter that does about the same thing.

The ARMS takes all the Harris mounting hardware out of the picture and clamps to the rail.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The ARMS bipod mount is the only product that I prefer to a Larue product.

+ 1
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
This is all very good information.  It would seem that A.R.M.S. is the preferred mount.  Thanks everyone!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I WOULD NOT TRY TO DRAW A SCIENTIFIC CONCLUSION FROM THREE OR FOUR POSTS.

WITH THE LARUE, I CAN MOVE MY BIPOD FROM AR' TO AR' QUITE EASILY, JUST AS ONE MIGHT WITH THE ARMS MOUNT. BUT WHEN I WANT A BIPOD ON MY REMINGTON 700 OR TUBB 2000, THE LARUE MOUNT DETACHES QUICKLY AND EASILY FROM THE BIPOD.

NEED A SLIGHTLY USED #32?

WES GRANT
LARUE DEALER

With all of the fine weaponry you own, I doubt you only have one Harris for all of them...
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I WOULD NOT TRY TO DRAW A SCIENTIFIC CONCLUSION FROM THREE OR FOUR POSTS.

WITH THE LARUE, I CAN MOVE MY BIPOD FROM AR' TO AR' QUITE EASILY, JUST AS ONE MIGHT WITH THE ARMS MOUNT. BUT WHEN I WANT A BIPOD ON MY REMINGTON 700 OR TUBB 2000, THE LARUE MOUNT DETACHES QUICKLY AND EASILY FROM THE BIPOD.

NEED A SLIGHTLY USED #32?

WES GRANT
LARUE DEALER

Please send me an e-mail or IM with #32 asking price.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The ARMS bipod mount is the only product that I prefer to a Larue product.

+ 1

+1.  Also, the ARMS setup puts the rifle closer to the bi-pod pivot.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard if you use ARMS your children will die.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#11]
i personally like the design of the arms over the larue.

i have dedicated bi-pods so the arms would work out better since the mount is lower in height.

but i do like the larue throwlever better and i could see where the ease of swapping bipod to another rifle would benefit some.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top