Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 2:10:06 PM EDT
Anyone ever use one? What did you think?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought about  the ARMS #16A but went with the ARMS #2 instead. I was looking to replicate an early 90’s CAR anyway so the #16 would not have looked right.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Ive used the ARMS #16a on several people's guns. I always liked it. With the ring being part of the mount, I preffered it to a seperate base and ring. Sits low and is not overly bulky.

Would you happen to have a pic of one? Would like to see how much lower it sits.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Would you happen to have a pic of one? Would like to see how much lower it sits.

I don’t think there’s much height difference at all. If there is it’s very minimal.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:41:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pics. You have any complaints about the Aimpoint being that high, any truble aimming? Figuered if I need to hit something far off I would just use my irons.
Thanks again for the pics.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]
# 16A is a good mount.  Have been using it for about a year now with no complaints.  Rock solid and have had no loss of zero problems.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pics. You have any complaints about the Aimpoint being that high, any truble aimming? Figuered if I need to hit something far off I would just use my irons.
Thanks again for the pics.

Nope, no too high at all, for me anyways. You have to remember before there were flattop uppers this was how it was done. I think a lot of people shy away from this method because it’s not as “cool” looking as a high speed M4gery setup.

After all it’s all about looks right?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone for the thoughts and info and thanks QUIB for the pics
now can anyone direct me to where I can get one, preferbly a combo buy with mount and optic.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Fulton armory has the mount on their website. For a package deal talk to Grant or one of the other vendors here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Fulton armory has the mount on their website. For a package deal talk to Grant or one of the other vendors here.

OK now how do I get ahold of Grant?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top