Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 6:06:09 PM EDT
I've had a Mega lower built & ready for the carbine upper to be assembled after the DAY.  I just couldn't wait.  I bought a complete 20" Oly post ban upper that snuck in under the ebay police radar.  Slapped it together & went to the backyard range to give it a whirl.  The mag seated fine & the first five rounds worked perfectly.  I handed the rifle to my son's friend Mike, age 17, to give it a try.....grin factor +12  He'd never fired an AR before...hooked another one  The kid did great, five shots @ 100yd, he hit 4 steel targets & one plastic milk jug firing off hand.

I reloaded the mag & went about a little more trigger pullin'.   First round fired and then it jammed WTF??  Initial field exam was that perhaps two rounds stripped out of the mag & stuck in the chamber.

After disassembly back on the bench I discovered a ruptured case...whew.  No KB. No sign of damage.

It was a reloaded case with a NATO mark on the base.  I'll list that failure as "shithappens"
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top