Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:37:25 PM EST
Hey I have a quick question, since the ban is over does this mean that we are able to buy AR15's in California if not THAT SUCKS
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:48:19 PM EST
i believe the answer is THAT SUCKS. sorry.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:06:57 PM EST
If you live in CA, the AWB didn't end.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:27:24 PM EST
Screwed!!! Move to a state that has a little more freedom.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:28:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By shoot2006:
Hey I have a quick question, since the ban is over does this mean that we are able to buy AR15's in California if not THAT SUCKS

No. California law prohibits AR-15 series weapons. In addition, PC 12276.1 prohibits centerfire semi-automatic rifles with a detachable magazine and any ONE of a list of evil features, including a pistol grip, thumbhole stock, folding or telescopic stock, grenade or flare launcher, flash suppressor, or forward pistol grip. AR's fail both the "series" test and the feature test.

You CAN however, purchase a FAB10 lower receiver, as it does not have a detachable magazine (it requires removing the rear take-down pin, pivoting the rifle open and loading the fixed 10 round magazine in-place from the top). Without the detachable magazine, all other "evil" features are fine, as a detachable magazine is a pre-requisite to identifying the weapon as an assault rifle. I have a FAB10 with an FN upper. It's a great shooter (sub MOA @100yds benchrest). With stripper clips, I average 11 seconds to load it - that's pulling te rear take-down pin, opening the rifle, slamming 10 rounds in, closing it, and chambering a round. My best time is 9 seconds.

I'm not entirely sure why the California DOJ doesn't consider a rifle built on a FAB10 lower an AR-15 series rifle, as the differences between it and a real one could be seen as minor. I'm not complaining, it's better than nothing. I'm still suprised, if not delighted, that they permit it.

Reloading is a pain, but like anything else, you get used to it.
Top Top