Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/21/2003 8:16:23 AM EST
I'm looking to install a 7.5" upper on my preban lower. What do I need to do with registering it as a SBR? What forms? Also, once converted, can I switch back and forth between my 16" barrel and the 7.5" or am I legally stuck having to keep the short barrel mounted. Also, can I make a SBR from a postban? If yes, once it's a SBR, can I add all the goodys that have been banned? Thanx Alot for your words of wisdom!!!
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 1:09:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 1:13:18 PM EST by Big-Bore]
Two Form 1 for making a rifle, such as an SBR. Two pictures, two fingerprint cards, might as well send two certificates of compliance, and get your LEO sign off. Yes, you can switch back and forth on the uppers and if you wish to permanently go back to a non-SBR all it takes is a letter to the ATF informing them of the switch. Yes you can do this on a pre-ban or a post-ban. No, you cannot add the banned goodies once an SBR on a post-ban rifle. It is still a rifle, and as such still bound by the AW ban which does not allow you to add the flash suppressor or bayonet lug, doing so will make it an illegal assault weapon even though it is an NFA firearm. Only by making it a machine gun, which is not a rifle, can you add the fun stuff. If you do this on a pre-ban lower, then you can put on a pre-ban upper with all the goodies, even if it is SBR, but not on a post-ban lower.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 3:38:28 PM EST
How come 2 form 1's? Why 2 certificates of compliance? Sorry for the dumb questions but NFA is new territory for me. Thanx...
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 4:04:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/21/2003 4:04:53 PM EST by fizassist]
Originally Posted By johnnytac: How come 2 form 1's? Why 2 certificates of compliance? Sorry for the dumb questions but NFA is new territory for me. Thanx...
View Quote
Because it's the government. Be thankful it's not 6 copies! Check out [url]titleii.com[/url] for the latest forms & info.
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 5:03:39 PM EST
Is the SBR a $200.00 tax? Bob
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 11:19:22 AM EST
The AOW transfer fee is only $5 still. FYI
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 12:58:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By KY-Bob: Is the SBR a $200.00 tax? Bob
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:00:15 AM EST
Only one copy of the certificates of compliance is required... Here is what we ask for customers... We supply them with 2 - F3/4/5's. [url]http://www.triplebreakproducts.com/FAQ/nfa_transfer_information.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:19:11 PM EST
The C of C is one of those things they left me to guess about. Since they had to send me the finger print cards, I just asked them to send me the Form 1 also instead of downloading it. I did not know about the C of C and when the packet came, it had two Form 1, two finger print cards, and two C of C papers. Nothing on the instructions say a duplicate C of C is needed, but I figured what the hell, send them both in and let them throw away the extra one if it is indeed an extra. They wanted everything else in duplicate so what the heck.
Top Top