Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:18:23 PM EDT
Where can I find info on the new weapons.  I've looked at sites which tell that the new round does and doesn't fit the ar magazine.  Can an 6.8 upper fit on a standard lower and other differences/likenesess?  One of the officers has asked me what I compare the recoil too in an ar setup.  He's considering  building.  Who's manufacturing ar's/parts for the 6.8?  Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the two best resources I know of:

ARFCOM 6.8SPC Thread

Zak Smith's 6.8 SPC FAQ

Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where can I find info on the new weapons.  I've looked at sites which tell that the new round does and doesn't fit the ar magazine.  Can an 6.8 upper fit on a standard lower and other differences/likenesess?  One of the officers has asked me what I compare the recoil too in an ar setup.  He's considering  building.  Who's manufacturing ar's/parts for the 6.8?  Thanks for any information.

Read the links above first.

The round will 'fit' inside a .223/5.56 magazine, but if you put more than 5 or 6, they bulge and don't work properly.

Yes a 6.8 upper will fit a standard ar15 lower.

The recoil is said to be between 5.56 and 7.62x51.

Parts can be gotten from Model 1 sales (beware- do search on ar15.com)
or a couple of other guys on the Eq Exchange have uppers/parts as well (recommended)
Equipment Exchange

I think maybe MSTN, EagleFirearms and JTac.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]

As pretty much stated before, it's designed to use the standard AR lower.  I got mags from PRI (who just raised his prices by 5 bucks each!) and I got the upper due any day now from BravoComoanyUSA.com.  I live in an AW Ban state and Paul special ordered a ban compliant barrel for me.  Great guy and very nice to deal with.  

Quoted:

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top