Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2004 2:09:45 PM EST
Although the ban expiration is an awesome event, the only thing about it that I'm stoked over is the hi cap mags. Mainly because I own several Glocks. I am thinking of purchasing an Ar15 but was wondering if it would be better to build one from the bottom up or buy something more than likely from Bushmaster???
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:15:15 PM EST
You won't really save any money by building one yourself unless you are building something custom. If you just want a "standard" AR-15, then I'd recommend buying a complete one, unless you just want the learning experience of building one yourself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:28:37 PM EST
That's what I was thinking. I'm mainly a hunting rifle person but looking for something my wife can shoot in which she can completely disapate something. She's not very good with my glocks so as a home defense weapon when I am at work, she has a Remington 800 with 18" barrel and folding stock. 6 rounds total. All being birdshot so as not to go through a wall and hit our kids, but will completely dismantle an intruder. She hates recoil though so I figured an AR15 would be perfect.
Top Top