BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2009 6:20:32 AM EDT
Hey Guys....

I'm looking at getting my first AR.

As much as I'd love to build one.... I figure I need to start with actually owning one first.

So what is your opinion of the Armalite 15A4C?

I'm looking for something in carbine length without a raised front sight post. I want to be able to use flip ups for BUIS.

My intention with the Armalite would be to use it to get the hang of "taking down" and maintaining this style of weapon. I would more than likely end up upgrading some things on it prior to what I would like to be my first ground up AR build.

The other thought that crossed my mind was to spend (quite) a bit more money on the LMT: CQB MRP Defender Model Piston 16 from the get go and not spending as much on modifications.

Let me know what you guys think would be my best bet for my first AR.

Thanx!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#1]
An Armalite M15A2 was my first Ar15.

They make excellent rifles and mine never hiccuped once.  I ended up selling it to an LEO firend who was heading to New Orleans a day after Katrina hit.  It never bobbled for him either.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a 16 inch Armalite Carbine, very acurate, not one hiccup.  My friend begged me to sell it to him.  Big mistake, I wished I still had it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top