Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 1:11:47 PM EDT
  Looking for some options on sights/optics for an AR-15
I have looked at Eotech, and Aimpoint Both are a little spendy, I will be shooting
most likely 80 to 150 yrds maybe out to 200.
Does anybody have any suggestion for me?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Irons.  Save you money for quality optics. Welcome to ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one AR equipped with a Aimpoint and the other 3 with EOTechs.  At the ranges you plan on shooting at the EOTech would be fine.  The beauty of the EOTech is there is no mount to buy.  If you have a flat top just take it out of the box and install.  By the time I got through with the Aimpoint and mount I was up to $500.  I don't regret it because it's a nice set up but the EOTech 512s only cost me $300 each.  If your eyes are young play with the irons.  If not the EOTech 512 is a affordable sight.  You have to master the irons but they get old really fast.  You will probably be a much better shooter with a sight.  Good luck and welcome.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Where in SD are you?  My family is from Wilmot and Yankton.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Just south of Sioux Falls
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#5]
As others have mentioned shoot with the iron sights. I did for four years before purchasing an EOtech, and it is awesome. As mentioned before save up your money until you can get something nice. BTW I am using a 511 that I bought off the EE new, for less than $300. not so bad really.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top