Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2002 3:01:10 PM EDT
I have an original "Preban" Colt AR-15/A2 Matchgrade HBAR and would like to know what the best flattop upper to get that would fit.  I have a Nikon 6.5 - 20X scope mounted on the Handle and would like to lower it.  I have also modified it a little...  below is an older pic (with the M-16/AR-15 Nightstalker IR Scope).

http://www.ww2buff.com/images/ar15.jpg
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Using a std flat top, you will want to use a set of really high rings (MILLET has a set for flat top), to get a civilized eye height. That is what I ended up doing.
The other way to go would be a DPMS hi-rise type upper and then use std height rings.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on getting just the upper and transfering the accessories (barrel, free float tube, bolt, etc). And I will also get the short front sight for the gas tube only. Also, because of my "Matchgrade" bolt, will it work in a non-Colt upper?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top