Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 3:37:20 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

Has anyone used or devised a side sling mount on the front of their SIR (or other rail sys) that doesn't use the #1 or #2 rail?  Like a sling swivel with a longer stud to reach the hole on the mount, inboard of the lower HG?  Or a thread insert in the hole in the SIR that is above the bbl centerline?  As light as the #1/#2 rails are, if nothing else is going on there besides the sling mount, would rather not mount the whole rail.

Thanks,
R
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't yours come with the slingmount that attaches directly?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Combat Jack,

It came with a threaded, detented "swivel" that only fits the 'thread-inserted' holes on the 1/2/3 rails (or on same on the top rail, but that's obviously not the place for it).  As delivered, it can not be mounted directly to the mount with the lower HG in place.  That's why I'm looking to see what others might have done who didn't want to use a 1/2/3 rail just for the sling swivel.

R
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Knights makes a nice one all my SIR'S have them andI love the QD swivel Sorry it uses a rail but you can put the rail almost anywhere you want it
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I drilled my sling loop out and put in triangular piece of spring steel I fashioned but it still mounts to the #1 rail, I have a one point sling and dont even use the loop in the #1 rail but its not so obtrusive now and I can still use it if needed. But to answer your question with all the places the SIR or AR15 for that matter allows you to put a legit sling mount, I never considered putting it anywhere else than where it was designed to go.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Knights makes a nice one all my SIR'S have them andI love the QD swivel Sorry it uses a rail but you can put the rail almost anywhere you want it

I need to get one of those.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top