Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 1:59:45 PM EDT
I just picked up a 6920 and a standard ARMS flip up BUIS. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to put the BUIS on the rifle. The flattop is just too wide for the sight to fit over. Do I need a special mount to mount the BUIS or did I get the wrong model BUIS? I believe it is the ARMS #40 that I have.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I pulled back the charging handle and the sight fits over the very back of the top rail. Where it gets stuck is where the rail itself starts. At the rear, you have the rounded off part and then the part that the "hooks" of the sight fit under. The rail is too wide for those hooks on the sight. I cannot get the bar of the sight into the first slot of the sight rail. I wish I could provide pictures but I do not have a digital camera. Somebody please help!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top