Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 6:01:51 PM EDT
It's pretty clear Mag industries and Surefire are here to stay. Pelican and Streamlight are safe bets too.

I really like some of Arcs products, but being a relatively new company, with a niche product, I wonder if they will still be around in 10 years for warranty service?

$148.00 is alot to spend on a flashlight made by a company that might not exist in a couple years.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them, got a link?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]www.arcflashlight.com[/url]

I've said this here before: I think Arc products are some of the best kept secrets in illumination tools.  I used to EDC one of my many SureFires, but now it's an Arc LSH-P.  My wife liked it so much I got her an LSL-P.  I also have their AAA model; it kicks the $h1t out of a Mag Solitaire & has a permanent place on my keyring.  The owner & chief designer/engineer, Peter Gransee, is a regular poster on [url]www.candlepowerforums.com[/url] & is working on several new & improved torches to add to his line.  It seems his company has built quite the clientele basis in recent months, & I'd be willing to bet those who own any of his products would wholeheartedly agree.  The LSH-P is an awesome light!  I lurked on CPF for awhile & kept hearing how great it was (by a bunch of folks who live & breathe flashlights like we do ARs) & wondered how something so small could be that great.  I decided to try one myself & was impressed!  The quality of their LS line is nothing short of exceptional, & the high dome emitters put any E1e to shame, especially if it's utilizing the KL1 LED head.  This is a bright, WHITE light.  The premium models are hand selected Luxeon Star LEDs, & aren't slightly blue or purple or green (like the SF KL1s are.)  I can assure you you won't be disappointed in anything Arc makes.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I took the plunge and bought a few of their lights.

Arc LSH-P, AAA-LE, & AA Second.

Very impressive LED lights.  Arcs customer service is amazing too. $5.00 shipping. I placed the orders on Sunday evening and had the lights monday afternoon!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 11:22:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Over at CPF you will find a very satisfied group of Arc owners.  I am a very satisfied owner as well, with several of the AAA's and one LS.  I used to carry a SF E1, but now it's the ARC LSH-S.  The light output of this little beast beats the SF Kl1, and it's much smaller.  Plus, the company sells a $25 addition which lets it use two AA cells instead of 123 lithiums.

Also, just because a company is present doesn't mean it will have good customer service. :)  If the owner keeps making innovative products, Arc will be here to stay, and will likely motiviate the other companies to make better products, rather than suing competitors. (cough)Mag Instrument(cough).
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top