3)$100 YHM carbine  solid four rail forearm assembly
4)$117 Bushmaster A3 carry handle
5)$035 RRA forearm vertical grip made by SOG

and tips on good cheap mags would be nice

message back on this board but also if u can email me at [email protected]

feel free to let loose in opinions and advice please
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure about the parts but 44mag has great prices on usgi mags.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hey guys and gals i would appriciate yalls help on this. i need advice on a list i have of parts.

1)$215 superior arms lower with six postion
2)$480 RRA upper with 16 inch R-4 barrel
3)$100 YHM carbine  solid four rail forearm assembly
4)$117 Bushmaster A3 carry handle
5)$035 RRA forearm vertical grip made by SOG

message back on this board but also if u can email me at [email protected]

feel free to let loose in opinions and advice please

I would get a RRA lower if it was mine. It may match better. Or it might not. I have matching issues... lol lol As for the carry handle... I MHO.. Complete waste of money. I would spend the $117 on something else.  But, It is your gun. You should get what you want. Because you have to own it and shoot it.... Rock on!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Mags at the EE
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Pstores wats MHO or watever and help if u can find me a cheeper handle please DO! PLEASE!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Bravo Company has been good to me in my purchases, and they have a nice deal on D&H Industries USGI mags right now.

LINK

It's the second item down on the page. It justifies my buying stuff in bulk.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
MHO = My Humble Opinion..   I beleive  Superior makes RRA lowers so go ahead.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#7]
1: if its got the LPK installed, sounds pretty good
2: if its got the BCG/CH and is chrome lined, sounds good
3: fine
4: too expensive--either get some quality BUIS or check out the EE for some used carry handles for ~$70
5: fair

mags, check the EE or 44mag
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
wtf is one and 2 im new to this crap gimme a break here haha
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
wtf is one and 2 im new to this crap gimme a break here haha

Lpk= lower part kit
BCG/CH= Bolt carrrier group/chargeing handle

I just wouldn't use a carry handle is all.... save $117 for something more fun and productive.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#10]
and i told you the carry handle is a priority of mine. and please stop using abriviations i dont know wat most are. as i said im new at this
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
and i told you the carry handle is a priority of mine. and please stop using abriviations i dont know wat most are. as i said im new at this

We are just wondering WHY a carry handle is a priority with you? With the combined years of experience of the hundreds/thousands of members on this site, few find a carry handle a "must have" since the alternatives are almost uniformly better. One does NOT normally use a carry handle to actually "carry" the rifle except for exceptions in combat.

As pointed out by several of the more knowledgeable and experienced folks here, the money would be better spent on BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights) or other items.

You asked for the advice because of the wealth of knowledge on this site.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:24:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We are just wondering WHY a carry handle is a priority with you? With the combined years of experience of the hundreds/thousands of members on this site, few find a carry handle a "must have" since the alternatives are almost uniformly better. One does NOT normally use a carry handle to actually "carry" the rifle except for exceptions in combat.

As pointed out by several of the more knowledgeable and experienced folks here, the money would be better spent on BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights) or other items.

You asked for the advice because of the wealth of knowledge on this site.

+1

If the carry handle is a priority, then just go with an A2 upper.

ETA (Edited to Add): If you have to have a detachable handle, try this link.  It will even match your upper.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:32:56 AM EDT
[#14]
  If you are hell bent on a carry handle, RRA has a tactical carry handle that you could use as a riser for some other optics in the future. It has an integrated rear sight as well as a Piciatinny rail. I think these folks are just trying to save you some $$ for something that you will find later on to be useless. So give em a break and ease up on the WTF stuff. hey
http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0052CASY&storeid=1&image=chndls.gif&CFID=10162942&CFTOKEN=24328868

Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#15]
no_knock thanks for the link i appriciate it. and yes i do apologise for the WTF stuff im just hyped up about gettin all this and no that list of parts i do not have its wat im looking to by to keep it cheep for my first build.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
no_knock thanks for the link i appriciate it. and yes i do apologise for the WTF stuff im just hyped up about gettin all this and no that list of parts i do not have its wat im looking to by to keep it cheep for my first build.

How about you go make some new friends in the Texas hometown forum.
There are  bunch of guys there who would be more than willing to help you out.
I'll bet that there are some ARFcom members who live within a few miles of you.
Get to know them, se what they have in the way of AR15's, then make your choice to spend a bunch of money.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#17]
thanks for all the help and keep the info coming. my email is [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
so ya keep the info coming PLEASE
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
If you add the removable handle it gets to $600.Eagle firearms in colorado is a good place for uppers.I would get an A2 upper with 16" Bushmaster barrel chrome lined with RRA bolt/carrier and charging handle $500.I say tghis because you want a flat top upper but the carry handle is your priority over a back up iron sight so go standard A2.Then you can spend $60 on a tango down grip..the best I think,$100 for the YHM 2 piece handguard that will accept KAC panels..another $50 for those you will need 4,$215 for your lower...thats $915 about $30 cheaper than what you have.If not get a factory Bushmaster M4 type patrolmans carbine for the same price and $200 extra for the YHM rails,grip and pannels..or about $1115 or roughly $145 more than the parts you list.Oh and the patrolmans carbine you can get flat top and the handle comes with it...just remember with a flat top unless your gonna keep the handle on all the time wich defeats the purpose of a flat top your gonna need a back up rear sight.You can always mount a red dot on the handguards top rail if you go A2 upper or in the carry handle.Optics dont seem a priority for you wich is why I sugested an A2 upper.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:36:25 PM EDT
[#20]
pun i dont know where u r but guns aint as cheap as u call'em here
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
  If you are hell bent on a carry handle, RRA has a tactical carry handle that you could use as a riser for some other optics in the future. It has an integrated rear sight as well as a Piciatinny rail. I think these folks are just trying to save you some $$ for something that you will find later on to be useless. So give em a break and ease up on the WTF stuff. They are just trying to help you. Here is a link to the RRA site comparing the 2 handles:

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0052CASY&storeid=1ℑ=chndls.gif&CFID=10162942&CFTOKEN=24328868

Good Luck

I advise against getting the rra tactical carry handle. My first rifle was the RRA Entry tactical model, which comes with the tactical carry handle, the first thing that I ever sold on the EE (you know what this means now!) was the carry handle. The reason I sold it was that I could not co-witness my iron sights with any optics using the Tactical carry handle. If you did not know, co-witnessing is when you can view your iron sights through your optic so that you can use your irons if your optic fails. I bought an A.R.M.S. buis for $75 to replace the rear sight in the handle (IMHO the only function of the Tactical carry handle), The handle itself is about a $125 addition to the rifle and not worth the function or the trouble of selling it.

good luck with your build, and remember, learn from the mistakes of others on this board, it will save you time,stress, and lots of money.

-jls7
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Those prices sound about right.  Buy online, not in stores.  Where in Texas are you?  It's a big state...  I'm in D/FW.  

I guess you're asking for opinions of the parts you have selected.  

Superior Arms makes great stuff.   [check]
Rock River Arms makes great stuff.  [check]
YHM makes excellent stuff.  [check]
Bushmaster makes excellent stuff.  [check]
SOG Vertical Foregrip (VFG.)  I dunno...

Buy mags from 44mag.com.  Get the ones with Magpul followers.  I think they're like $12 or something.

Now, the big question is what kind of barrel are you getting?  Is the R4 barrel truly an M4 profile, or is it heavy under the handguards like a HBAR?  Is it chrome-lined?  I would reconsider if its non-chrome-lined and heavy profile.  

I have ONE flattop rifle with a detachable carry handle, but that's because it's my "M4 Clone" model.  I wanted a rifle that was basically identical to a Colt LE6920 in my collection of US service rifles.  I have an M16A2 clone as well.  I'm still deciding whether I want an M16 or M16A1 clone.  

Other than that, all my other flattops have BUIS (Back Up Iron Sights) and optics (Eotech, scope, etc...)  

If you are going to "use" this rifle, get a BUIS for use with an optic in the future.  It gives you more versatility.  Of course, if you want a carry handle just for kicks, go for it, but don't pay more than the $75 on that link.

Welcome to the board.  Shoot me an email if you live in D/FW and want to learn who sells what around here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#23]
alright u crazy bastards u got me hooked. gimme the names of the best BUIS for a low price. and sumone please tell me the difference between the free float and non free float tubs
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#24]
and what are these "gas piston" systems and wat do they do?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#26]
WWW.midwayusa.com has AR Stoner mags on sale for less than $10 each at the current time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#27]
his
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top