Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2012 8:26:59 AM EDT
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I'm looking for a good quality AR15 Combo Armorer's Wrench Tool.
Been looking on amazon and see a lot of so so reviews on the ones available there.  I'm new to the rifle world so I'm not sure what I might need so I figure a combo wrench would be the way to go.
Any help would be appreciated. After my 10 day wait I'll have a new SW MP15 Sport in my hands.

Whipsnade
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#1]
a lot of the reviews seem hard on the castle nut portion of the wrenches.  I was looking at a couple, one was the dpms armorers tool and the reviews just ripped it up.  So what tool is good for castle nut?
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the Brownell's wrench.   I use the DPMS wrench to tighten carbine stock nuts since the Brownell's tool isn't set up for that function..
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Are there different size stock nuts?  Some of the reviews on the DPMS tool were saying they were have a hard time on the castle nut with that tool and it didn't seem to fit right.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought the Tapco wrench and like it very much.  Made in USA with a lifetime warranty too!  I also have a USGI tool and had a YHM wrench when I had YHM hand guards.  Even built my own for a DPMS float tube once.  Glad I finally bought the Tapco wrench.  I'm constantly taking uppers apart and putting them back together it seems.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 2:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been building this platform for 20 years.  The USGI tool is the best I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Where to get USGI tool?
Link Posted: 8/21/2012 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Brownells
part #
080-216-015WB
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Its been my experience that none of the combination armorer's tools work that well, nor do they hold up under heavy use.
Link Posted: 8/22/2012 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Its been my experience that none of the combination armorer's tools work that well, nor do they hold up under heavy use.

exactly,
I have worked in armories where the USGI tool was 10-15 years old and still works perfectly.
When we would try some of the other ones they wouldnt last as long or grip as well.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top