Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 11:07:17 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experiance building an AR10 from a kit? I was wondering if it was as cost  efficient as building your own ar15. Also. are the fire control parts for the lower the same as for AR15's? Thanks...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you save much money but I did build my own Eagle Arms AR-10 stripped receiver.  I did it as I wanted an AR-10 and I was originally planning to build a 260 Rem NRA Highpower match rifle.

Most of the parts in the AR-10 are the same as the AR-15 but I would just buy a stripped Eagle Arms lower and a AR-10 lower parts kit as there are a few parts that are not the same.  The AR-10 assembles the same as an AR-15 so it is no big deal!

As for the upper, I would just buy a complete upper unless you are bent on doing it yourself.  I have never assembled an AR-10 upper but it is the same as an AR-15 except you will need a new barrel wrench.

Personally, after having the Eagle Arms Lower in my safe for some time I ended up buying a normal 308 upper and I never did build the custom paper punch.  Now, I keep getting older and my vision is loosing it's edge so I don't really need a full course rifle anymore so I can shoot tiny groups at 600-yrds.  Hell, I am lucky if I can find a local 200-yrd rangs where I live now...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got some AR10 parts for sale, cheap!

Check it out:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=182476&w=searchPop[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top