Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 5:14:42 PM EDT
I am replacing the Vortex flash hider that came on my Mega Maten with a AAC Flash hider. The Vortex did not have any sort of washer installed. When I screwed on the AAC it bottomed out on the muzzle before threading all the way on to the barrel. Looking into the barrel end of each device its clear the Vortex is deeper and has more threads than the AAC. Can I just add a 5/8" crushwasher when installing the AAC to give it something to tighten up against before the inside of the device bottoms on the muzzle?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You should use a peel washer.

If it continues to bottom out with one, use two.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You should use a peel washer.

If it continues to bottom out with one, use two.
View Quote

why a peel washer versus a crush washer? the AAC flash hider does not get timed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Over tighting of a muzzle device can cause stress on the muzzle/crown. Witch will effect the life of the muzzle/crown & how accurate the rifle can be.   I use both peel washer or Accu-washer.  A crush washer may cause the muzzle device to tilt/misalignment, could lead to the projectile striking the muzzle device.  Comps & brakes should be install with peel washers or Accu-Washers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top