Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/19/2013 3:32:11 PM EDT
I notice that my BCG is rubbing on the top corner of my trigger hammer. Doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect to the operation, but is this something I should be concerned about? I saw a thread somewhere where a guy had trimmed the corner of his hammer down...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:20:29 AM EDT
No, as long as weapon functions, I wouldn't worry about it, it is a piece of machinery and parts will show wear. Don't cut/remove anything off the hammer unless it is causing malfunctions.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:20:50 AM EDT
Originally Posted By KineKilla:
I notice that my BCG is rubbing on the top corner of my trigger hammer. Doesn't seem to have any detrimental effect to the operation, but is this something I should be concerned about? I saw a thread somewhere where a guy had trimmed the corner of his hammer down...

I would take pictures and contact ALG. I believe they are a subsidiary of Gesseile (iirc, it's his wife's company). I bet they would take care of it for you, if there was anything wrong with the trigger.

KingOfTheBumps

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 1:14:48 PM EDT
Do you mean the portion of the hammer that the BCG contacts to cock the hammer? Pretty sure it needs to run there, or else you would have a nonfunctional rifle. There are some hammers that are notched, but IIRC, that was to prevent them from functioning in full-auto conversions (or was it 9mm uppers? I forget sometimes).
Top Top