Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:52:42 AM EDT
I've been running some ballistics calculations on my computer and think I might get away with this idea, let me know what you guys think:  

My hypothesis:  Can I use 16" bbl calibrated ACOG on a 20" platform to fire 75gr HPBT and still use the bullet drop stadia with success?  

My ballistic calculations say there would only be about an 1" difference in bullet path between the two rounds.  Anybody mix and match ACOGs and bullets in the field?  If so, what did you find?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My ballistic calculations say there would only be about an 1" difference in bullet path between the two rounds.  Anybody mix and match ACOGs and bullets in the field?  If so, what did you find?

What  bullet & MV is the RCO calibrated for?

I'd say that most people are shooting an ACOG with a different setup than what Trijicon spec'd the reticle for.   You need to get out to a KD range and figure out your hold overs in any case.    You're probably at a different elevation anyway.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top