Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2003 12:32:04 PM EDT
Early this winter (January, I think), I bought and received my TA31-F from www.arizonagunrunners.com. I love it!

Anyhow, I've brought that AR out for plinking and such on multiple occasions this spring and summer... and just about a week or two ago actually went about sighting it in at 100yds (as I was sighting in another leupold scope at the same time, and had found a place with adequate range to do the sighting in)

What I noticed, is that there are no "clicks" when I turn the windage and elevation knobs. I marked the position of the knob and turned it about one half a rotation, and didn't get any clicks, so I turned it back (cause it had been shooting pretty close to on target, anyhow, at closer ranges).

Thinking perhaps I was a moron and that there were caps (like my other scopes), I gently pulled out on the knobs to make sure they were actually knobs, not caps. They didn't pull up any... and I didn't want to pull hard and yank the thing off.

Anyhow, is this normal? should there be an actual click when turning them, or am I just supposed to know that one complete turn is "X number" of clicks?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Thinking perhaps I was a moron and that there were caps (like my other scopes), I gently pulled out on the knobs to make sure they were actually knobs, not caps. They didn't pull up any... and I didn't want to pull hard and yank the thing off.
View Quote

They are threaded caps. Screw them off and use a coin or screwdriver to adjust the elevation and windage underneath the caps. It will click for each 1/3 MOA you adjust.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
DOH, I was afraid it'd be something stupid like that...

Well, better to sound like a moron and get my question answered than to BE a moron and not be able to adjust it, heh.

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Your killing me stinky, killing me. Didn't you read your manual? Shit I guess not.  [noclue]
Have you been doing some of this[booze]?

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
amazingly, either it didn't come with a manual, or I didn't read that part, and misplaced it.

I've seen people say they got a sight in target with theirs, and I know I didn't get one... So I'm leaning toward the not getting a manual theory, altho perhaps when I was last abudcted by aliens, they wiped that part of my memory too... [;)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a question too but I am not going to start another thread. I have been looking at a ACOG for my AR-15 for awhile and I just dont know what to get. Anyways I was browsing the Trijicon web site and when Looking at the disciptionss it says Lead time 14-16 weeks. What does that mean?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It means if you order one from them you wont get it for 14 to 16 weeks. They were running very behind on orders durring the war. Distributors are starting to get them in stock again though. So I would just look for them on sale through other dealers.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top