Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 7:28:50 AM EDT
My new EoTech 511 that I just put on my rifle yesterday has something wrong with it. It was working fine until I was showing it to my girlfriend this morning. When I went to turn it off, nothing happened. Both buttons work, as you can still adjust the brightness of the reticle, but when you press them together nothing happens. I have to remove the batteries to turn it off. Anyone have any ideas or am I just going to have to ship it back to the factory?
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine is tricky shutting off, but it does shut off. Sometimes it takes a couple of trys. I usually have to push down both buttons firmly and hold it there a second.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#2]
and don't forget it has an Auto-Off function.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You have to press both buttons at the same time, it can be a bit tricky at first.  

This another reason the military 550 series went to the rubberized buttons.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it is a little overengineered to prevent an accidental turn off.  Then again a timing out self turn off at the wrong time could be a bit distressing too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
OK...problem appears to be fixed. I have no idea what caused it or cured it. I took the batteries out swapped them around a bit and after 3 or four times, suddenly the thing will power off again. Go figure! I still love it though!

SMGLee, I can see where the rubber buttons might be a nice thing to have. I just got too good of a deal on this to pass it up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like it is a little overengineered to prevent an accidental turn off.  Then again a timing out self turn off at the wrong time could be a bit distressing too.
View Quote

So, is there no way to either force it to stay on or reset it to another 4/8 hours other than turining off and then back on?

-Shon
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#7]
If you are using it normally you will change the brightness in the 4 or 8 hour time limit thus starting a new 4 hour time limit and making the timeing out less of an issue.

If it times out all you have to do is flick up your rear backup untill you have time to push the Brightness button to turn it back on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
The standard time for auto shut off is 8 hours, unless other wise requested at the time of production, the auto shut off time is pre-program to 8 hours.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
On the model I got in March, the 552 with black rubber buttons.

From the Manual

1.  ON/Normal Mode and 8 Hour Auto Shutdown
Depressing the UP arrow push button switch will turn the sight ON in NORMAL MODE.  The site will turn on at Level 12 and automatically shut off 8 hours after the last push-button control is used.  There are 20 brightness settings in NORMAL MODE.

2. ON/Normal Mode and 4 Hour Auto Shutdown
Same as above but substitue DOWN for UP

I assume it would depends on the particular model for its length of time after button push if it is only 8 hours or variable like on the newer model.

John
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On the model I got in March, the 552 with black rubber buttons.

From the Manual

1.  ON/Normal Mode and 8 Hour Auto Shutdown
Depressing the UP arrow push button switch will turn the sight ON in NORMAL MODE.  The site will turn on at Level 12 and automatically shut off 8 hours after the last push-button control is used.  There are 20 brightness settings in NORMAL MODE.

2. ON/Normal Mode and 4 Hour Auto Shutdown
Same as above but substitue DOWN for UP

I assume it would depends on the particular model for its length of time after button push if it is only 8 hours or variable like on the newer model.

John
View Quote

All our 551's we got about 2 years ago have the 4 hour shutoff by turning on with the down button also.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top