Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 1:39:22 PM EDT
who has a good quality standard A3 removable handle for the best price. most I've seen are about $100.

edit: I had to change A2 to A3, what was I thinking?  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if you're going to find a good DCH for much cheaper than $100.  I could be wrong though.  If you can't find one for much cheaper I would suggest coughing up an extra $20 and putting an LMT BUIS on your flattop.  This way you have the exact same rear sight setup as the standard A2 but you still have exposed rail space to mount your optics on if you do in fact have or are planning on purchasing optics.  Just my suggestion.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah that had crossed my mind. no biggie i'll just pay the $100 bucks and get a Bushy A2 handle since it's a Bushy rifle. i didn't want to sound like a cheap skate yet i didn't want an "el cheapo" A2 handle either.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Armalites removeable handle is way better workmanship than Bushmasters.  

Armalite P/N E20149 is $97.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for the LMT.
But, if you are going to spend a hundred bucks, get an ARMS #40.
If you decide to add optics later, you'll be ahead with either of these, but behind with a CH.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I pained over the decision, carry handle? ARMS #40? or a LMT rear sight?  I settled on the LMT; durn thing is build like a tank.  I don't think I'll be breaking the rear sight anytime soon.  No looking back on this decision...I'll be adding a mount for an Aimpoint in the near future.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Steve has the Rock River A2 Carry Handle for $114 with shipping at www.adcofirearms.com It's a nice unit.

I picked up a used one on the EE here for $50 that is pretty much identical except it has courser "Full-Click" adjustments instead of the "Half-Click" adjustments the Steve's has.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you decide to add optics later, you'll be ahead with either of these, but behind with a CH.

all of my other AR's are also flattops either with ARMS #40 with optics, or #38 swan sleeve with optics. I want to once again make this Bushy A3 upper into a "plain jane" A2 20" upper with no extras. I have looked at Adco too and RRA is another option. Russ, didn't know Armalite's was any better but I will take that into consideration. Thanks for everyone's input.

sharp
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

all of my other AR's are also flattops either with ARMS #40 with optics, or #38 swan sleeve with optics. I want to once again make this Bushy A3 upper into a "plain jane" A2 20" upper with no extras. I have looked at Adco too and RRA is another option. Russ, didn't know Armalite's was any better but I will take that into consideration. Thanks for everyone's input.

sharp

I understand what you are trying to do.  That's cool.  I like plain jane AR's as well.  

Just for the hell of it here is what I did with the A3 handle that came with my Bushy:

Link Posted: 5/7/2004 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#9]
ha, yeah I've seen your pic before buckshot and I like it. I'm sure I'll end up trying that someday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
00_buckshot, what mount are you using on that pic for the Aimpoint and does that set up cause any problem getting the lens cover all the way open/down in front of the cut carry handle?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top