Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2004 11:14:19 AM EDT
I have a question guys, the upper screw that holds the butt plate to the A2 stock has a hole in it. Is it for water drainage or for air to escape?

Also, where’s the best place to order this screw (for the A2 stock, the longer of the two) and is there a butt plate out there that’s a bit thicker than stock to add more length to the A2 stock? I’ve seen some stock extensions advertised but to the tune of $70 bucks I think I can make one for one heck of a lot less.

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:23:46 AM EDT

I'm using these extended buttplates on my entry sized stocks and they work great... $21.95 is mucho better than $70...


The vented A2 stock screw is #9349128


Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:48:30 AM EDT
As far as I know it is there for water to drain. It would form a hydrolock if full of water. I had water squirt out of my M-16 while shooting in japan. All the Marines that have pumped OKI know all it does is rain when you are in the N.T.A.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:35:08 PM EDT
Great info, thanks guys!

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:20:37 PM EDT
It is to allow some oil from the bolt or buffer spring to piss out onto your nice shirt. The screw designer probably had a shirt business on the side.......
Top Top