Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2016 3:53:05 PM EDT
Howdy all. Both my AR's are carry handle uppers. The 20" HBAR is the A2, and the SP1 is a carbine. Both are original Colt. I'd like to use a picatinny rail mount on both with QD rings. I'm leaning toward the Weaver 30mm Kaspa 3-12 x 44 with side focus, so I can use the scope with my M1A as well. Although, I might use a 1x4 or similar on the SP1. Seems like the smaller scope would maybe be necessary to keep it from being too cumbersome. The QD rings are necessary if I can get the right parts to do it. The M1A is about to get a SA mount for whatever optics and ring system I can come up with.

I've looked through the optics forum and the faq, and very little on the carry handle models. Can anyone make any suggestions for gear? No solid ideas yet on the mounts and rings (considering the Millett drop front style rail, but not set in stone). I'm also open to suggestions on the scope, as well, although about $350 is it for the scope. Again, not written in stone. Just getting into optics due to worn out eyeballs. And no, I'm not interested (for $$ reasons) in acquiring new rifles - not that I wouldn't like to

TIA,
Mike.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Howdy MRW. Will definitely consider that option as well. Nice to hear from a fellow Flori-did-ian Although about $350 is it for the scope itself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe the A.R.M.S. carry handle mount? This is what I've been considering for my A2 HBAR.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again, guys. I like the looks of the A.R.M.S. mount and the PA scope. Filed for reference Will keep searching.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top