Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 6:56:13 AM EDT
I am looking for a fixed stock for my next build. I like the A1 length but the old buttstocks (orgional) butt plates are prone to cracking. I know that Cav Arms makes a new production A1 length fixed buttstock, but I am not too keen on their trap door butt plate. What are my options?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you can replace the buttplate assembly on the C1 with an A2 buttplate assembly.

If you watch the EE or post a WTB there, you may be able to find a Colt CS stock.  The CS has A1 dimensions and A2 construction.  IMO it's the best A1 length stock available.

BTW the CS stocks have "CS" in raised letters molded into the stock.  IIRC it's on the right side near the front (receiver) end of the stock (where you'd grab it for bayonet drill).
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 Colt CS stocks for both of my 20" Colts.  In my opinion they are much better suited for the smaller to average size person.  Same tough material of the A2 stock but with the A1 size (1 inch shorter).  The only bad thing is the Colt CS stocks aren't that plentiful and have seen them selling for +$130.  I was fortunate and purchased mine for $70 and $75 each, both in excellent condition.  Look around and you'll find one.  I'm thinking of running one with my middie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top