Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/24/2006 5:45:47 PM EDT
Looking for Triangle front handguards with heat shields for both a 20" AR and a 16" M4 carbine. Do they make them for the carbine? Where's a good place to get both? Also, does the metal thing you clamp your handguards into now need to be replaced?

Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:05:49 PM EDT
Total Silence has the triangle carbine handguards. Many places sell the 20" triangle HGs. The TS HGs come with a new front end piece, the front sight base must be removed, then replaced, IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/24/2006 7:25:40 PM EDT
As stated, Total Silence is the only place to purchase them currently. Tom sells the complete setup: The carbine length handguards with heat shields, the front handguard cap, the rear handguard cap the fits into the flat slipring, and he includes the slipring. What you have to do is to drive out the taper pins in the front sight base, and then slide the front sight base off of the barrel. You can either remove the gas tube first or pull it off with the front sight base. You then have to remove your old delta ring and replace it with the flat slipring. You then slide the base for the handguards onto the barrel and secure it into the slipring. Then you put the handguards in place, and while holding them slide on the front handguard cap and the front sight base with the gas tube. Once everything is on, you stand the upper assembly on end with the muzzle pointing upward, and tap the front sight base with a rubber mallet until you have the holes for the front sight base lined up with the holes in the barrel. Then you tap the taper pins in place. The only difficult part is driving out the taper pins. Use the right punch, and it is really easy.

Charles Tatum
Alamo Professional Arms
Top Top