Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 6:19:46 AM EDT
My question was can a 5.56 upper reciver be used for a 9mm? I was thinking of putting a 9mm project togather. Is there a differance in the Colt and Oly system in regards to the upper reciver?
I was looking at the  Matced MEGA upper and lower recivers and thought that it would be cool in 9mm. The upper and lower is $170 shipped.

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:01:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I can only speak to the Colt style, but yes you can use any upper.  Just mount your barrel and I would suggest getting the gas deflector and installing that as well.  It fits on uppers with the brass deflector just fine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Oly upper needs a through-hole drilled for installation of the 9mm ejector.  Other than that, any upper CAN work with 9mm.

A true Colt factory 9mm upper has no forward assist.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top