Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 2:57:03 PM EDT
I see all the 9mm uppers have no forward assist. (I understand why) and a 3/4 length ejection port door and a plastic shell deflector.
Aside from all that, it the basic upper receiver a NORMAL Colt Ar-15 receiver?
In other words, can I take a normal upper, add the 3/4 ejection port door and shell deflector and have a 9MM UPPER..?
or is there something I dont see or understand.?
TIA
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My Oly-style upper has a full-size port cover and no deflector and I have had no issues with it at all...even from people shooting left handed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
so then, basically there are no differences in the upper AR receivers 9mm vx 223..
is that correct?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
so then, basically there are no differences in the upper AR receivers 9mm vx 223..
is that correct?

Any .223 can work as a 9mm upper, no problem.  But factory 9mm uppers don't have the gas tube hole or the internal milling for the cam pin, so you couldn't use a 9mm upper as a .223.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I wish I had known this a month ago
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top