Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 12:35:41 PM EDT
I want to buy a 9mm barreled upper, but every upper I can find for sale has a gas block of some sort (sight tower or just a railed gas block) and a 16" barrel.  However I want to replicate this setup:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=275988
(5th picture down)

So my question is can I get any 9mm barrel, remove the gas block/sight and retainer ring, chop barrel back to 9.00" and install a 3-lug thread adapter?

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
talk to adco or think it was cmmg that was doing the short barrels.

but im sure the guys over at adcofirearms.com could take care of you
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Just talked to CMMG and they are gearing up for 9mm barreled uppers.  He said that they will be offering 16" and down lengths and they WILL be chrome lined with a 1 in 10 twist.  He said expect pricing in about 6-8 weeks.

I called ADCO and they are closed on Mondays, so I will call them tomorrow.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#3]
The simple answer to your question is yes.  I am assuming you have an SBR or pistol lower to put that cut- down barrel on.  By the time you buy a 9mm barrel, cut it and thread it for a 3-lug you are spending more money than you can buy a brand new custom made TROS barrel with machined 3-lug.  I also assume you know that the 9mm set up is blowback and does not have the gas system, thus, it does not need a gas block and/or front sight base.  Good luck.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks mragu.  I have a pistol lower and a Form 1 pending.  And I finally found someone with a TROS barrel they were willing to sell, so I won't be going the expensive route.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I want to buy a 9mm barreled upper, but every upper I can find for sale has a gas block of some sort (sight tower or just a railed gas block) and a 16" barrel.  However I want to replicate this setup:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=275988
(5th picture down)

So my question is can I get any 9mm barrel, remove the gas block/sight and retainer ring, chop barrel back to 9.00" and install a 3-lug thread adapter?

Talk to Steve at ADCO. I purchaced a RRA 16'' carbine upper from him, He cut it down to 7.5'' and then threaded it for the flash hider, installed a short handguard, and re-installed the front sight. His workmanship is second to none, fast, and for the right price. If you e-mail him a picture of what you want, then call him and talk it over with him, Im sure he can handle it and you wont be sorry! Its the pistol on the left..
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8018/dsc004227ep.th.jpg
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
nice looking pistols lumberjacker!

Well, I have all the parts on the way so my pistol will be complete soon.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top