Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/23/2020 3:47:02 PM
Posted: 4/17/2006 11:54:27 AM EDT
I haven't posted for awhile but I'm thinking of doing a 9mm AR. Has anyone priced parts or can you recommend someone. I've done a few CAR builds and now I want a 9mm. Thanks for the help.

Cazio
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:09:50 PM EDT
Try the pistol caliber forum. They should be able to help.

Link Posted: 4/17/2006 12:13:08 PM EDT
Been thinking about doing the same thing.  Rock River sells all of the parts and I've been very pleased with everything I bought from them except for their single stage trigger.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:54:18 PM EDT
I got a 9mm Upper from JT and im very happy with how it runs. heres a pic of it
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:17:37 PM EDT
Shark,
  That's what I'm looking for. My second build was a carbine from J&T. I'll check them out, I know their prices have gone up a bit more that some of the other makers. Longhorn, the hangun forum had AR pistol post . I couldn't find much on pistol caliber rifles. Thanks for the info guys.

Cazio
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:21:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Cazio:
I haven't posted for awhile but I'm thinking of doing a 9mm AR. Has anyone priced parts or can you recommend someone. I've done a few CAR builds and now I want a 9mm. Thanks for the help.

Cazio

I just finished my RRA 16" 9mm build last week with all RRA parts except Hahn Precision 9mm conversion block and ACE M4 SOCOM buttstock.

I built the stripped lower from Eagle Firearms and everything went smoothly, the upper to lower fit is very snug.

The 9mm conversion block is from Brownells and the ACE from Del-Ton.

All the other RRA parts are directly from RRA, no waiting on 9mm parts.

I'll post pictures in the picture thread later.

My only complaint are the cost of the mags, I only have one Colt, one converted UZI and a Beta C-mag for now.

Nice carbine Shark15.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:25:19 PM EDT
Alpha-Romeo3,
 What kind of price would I be looking at for the parts from RRA, excluding of course the lower receiver, mag block and stock? I would get the block from brownells also, I can get dealer pricing from when I had my ffl.
Thanks
Cazio
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:33:57 PM EDT

Alpha-Romeo3,
What kind of price would I be looking at for the parts from RRA, excluding of course the lower receiver, mag block and stock?
Thanks
Cazio

My RRA order for complete upper, BCG, CH, hammer, LPK and buffer totaled $775.

Rock River Arms website link
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:43:17 AM EDT
Alpha, Thanks for the pricing. Longhorn, I found the info you were talking about in the pistol caliber forum. I was looking in the wrong place. I'm going to price some olympic stuff today.

Cazio
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:47:10 AM EDT

Alpha, Thanks for the pricing.

Cazio

Sure thing.

I just wanted to add that for the same components that I listed, Eagle Firearms price is around $50 less than the factory price that I quoted.

I didn't order it from Eagle because at the time I ordered my parts last December they were out of them then, but they have them in stock now.

www.eaglefirearms.net/

Good luck on your 9 mm build project.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 12:23:29 PM EDT
ADCO usually has the best price on RRA 9mm uppers.  Teknic (I think that's his name) also has good prices, that's who I bought mine from.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:53:52 PM EDT
Alpha,
I found eagle firearms today and was impressed with their prices. I'm still researching if I should build, buyor trade for a new rifle. Inferno, I'll check adco this evening. Thanks again for the responses.

Cazio
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:43:05 PM EDT
Double check the prices before you build.  When I was planning a build, for some reason I noticed the parts seperate were more than if I bought them assembled.  I don't understand why it's like that w/9mm AR's and not .223.  ???
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2006 12:15:40 AM EDT by guam50]

Originally Posted By inferno715:
Double check the prices before you build.  When I was planning a build, for some reason I noticed the parts seperate were more than if I bought them assembled.  I don't understand why it's like that w/9mm AR's and not .223.  ???

+1.  I was gonna start a standard RRA 9mm carbine project but after pricing all the parts it would have cost me about 9 benjamins to build.  So I bought a complete RRA 9mm A4 from Legal-Transfers.  Cost less, comes with a nice molded, lockable hard-case, one modified uzi mag, manual, and most importantly the warranty.  It didn't come with a carry handle or rear sight, but I'm still very pleased with it.

ETA:  If you are deciding to get a complete carbine, you may want to consider looking in the EE for what you want in parts and accessories.  I got lucky and picked up 4 modified uzi mags (excellent condition and identical to the one that came with the 9mm carbine I purchased - much cheaper than if it were bought new) and I already had a RDS and rear BUIS to finish it off.  I new that I wanted to buy a 9mm carbine and bought what I needed in used accessories before-hand.

I theorize that manufacturers make more money selling parts than they do selling a complete product.  Hence why putting together a firearm from new parts is more expensive than buying the same complete firearm new.

HTH
Top Top