Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2003 2:42:42 AM EDT
www.bragg.army.mil/afvc-a/FRG/Desert%20Devil%20Dispatch/dddvol29.pdf
Title of Article:
C-MAG Results: ‘I’ll Stick With 30 Rounds’
Convenience of 100-round magazine can’t overcome malfunctions

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 3:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, and to think these bad boys go for $600 a pop, ouch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
The C-Mag is a pain, but I take issue with the 5rnd (or were they using the 10-round) loader.  I've used the 5rnd loader for two years and these things are great.  Two pieces of plastic that slide together.  That's all.  Very solid and, at least in my experience, unbreakable.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I only hear good stuff about C-Mag/Beta mags from people trying to sell them to me :)

I have had the opportunity to shoot from them twice and they seemed heavy but functioned alright.

I was warned off Beta mags years ago by a Naval Armourer from the Gulf War (Desert Storm) who had the same type of negative feedback as the article , plus he had to work on them when they broke and said they were a PITA.

His advice was to only buy Beta mags if I could get a really good deal, and to resell ASAP them to make money for USGI 30rd mags. And that guy was gadget man if you know what I mean. If he said they were hosed they were hosed in spades. ;)

HoG

Link Posted: 8/27/2003 7:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
They aren't hard to load and I can't imagine how you would break the loader by using it to load a C-mag.

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea they are ass! once they get dirty. there fine for range shooting  but not for afganistan. But damn they look cool.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top