Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/11/2003 5:38:13 PM EST
I have a colt 7.62x39 upper with barrel marked c mp 7.62x39 1/12 H Bar. What do i need to do to convert this to .223? I believe it is preban.Any help is appreciated
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:15:24 AM EST
Just pull the barrel off the upper and replace it with a 5.56 barrel. If you also have the 7.62 bolt in it, you'll have to swap the bolt over too, but the bolt carrier assy is interchangable.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:42:12 AM EST
There are no pre-ban uppers, only rifles or lowers. Your best solution is to swap the entire upper receiver, I'm sure there are folks who'd love a 7.62x39 marked barrel and upper. Be sure you don't create an illegal semiautomatic assault weapon if this rifle isn't a legal one. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:43:18 AM EST
Why not just have a complete 223 upper? swap uppers, all done... 7.62 on 1 day, 223 the next. Don't forget the magazine for 223/556.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 12:41:46 PM EST
where is the best place to pick up a new upper receiver asembly?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:36:26 PM EST
www.model1sales.com www.jtdistributing.com
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:21:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/12/2003 7:32:27 PM EST by gman552]
I would go with a Bushmaster complete upper preban assembly (flash suppressor, bayonet lug): [url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/pre-ban/Default.asp[/url] Just make sure your lower (Colt? Bushmaster? Olympic? PWA?) is indeed a preban (check the serial number), and that it was a complete rifle prior to the ban. If you have a Colt lower, then you might want a Colt upper receiver group, but those get pretty pricey. Specialized Armament Warehouse (SAW) has those: [url]http://www.sawlesales.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:05:21 PM EST
Post in the Wanted to Trade in EE forums. Someone will definately take you up on a swap in no time at all.
Top Top