My main goal was to kill an elk with an AR and post the picture. Money is a factor and the 6.8 is to be used for deer and elk hunting. Bought the 20in upper from M1S in March of this year. Flat top, free float with a 2.8 to 10 power scope. Finally purchased two boxes of Rem 110 OTM three weeks ago. Note, the bore was quite rough and took two hours of hand lapping the bore to get it smooth and polished.
Here are my results. All groups are at 100yds at our local range. All reloads using 110 Vmax, WLR primers, 50 degrees, cloudy and 5mph wind from left.
Rem 110 OTM avg 2710 fps about 2in groups
1. 29.0 H335 oal 2.280 avg 2597fps 3.6in 10 shot group, primers flat
2. 29.5 H335 oal 2.280 avg 2670fps 3.9in 5 shot group, primers flat too hot in my gun
3. 29.0 2230c oal 2.270 avg 2542fps 1.409in group flat primers
4. 28.5 H322 oal 2.270 avg 2612fps 2.194in 5 shot group, primers OK Clean barrel
5. 28.8 H322 oal 2.270 avg 2610fps .615in 5 shot group ES 31
6. 29.0 H322 oal 2.270 avg 2638fps .385in 5 shot one nice round hole ES 18
Reloaded and returned today with #6 load
7. 29.0 H322 oal 2.270 avg 2640fps 1.104in 5 shot out of mag and changing wind, three went in one
Looks like I have great hunting rifle- now were's that ELK!!