Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/28/2012 2:19:25 PM EDT
Quite some time ago I ordered a HF Chrome Lined 6.8 barrel for a new build. I put it together and it will not fully chamber factory 6.8 rounds or my reloads. Those loads functioned perfectly in my other 6.8 rifle, a factory Noveske 6.8. Since I had 2 complete carriers/bolts in 6.8, I traded parts around trying to make it function and nothing makes a difference. The new build with the new barrel just won't function. In fact, when I try to chamber a round the bolt will not completely close and I have to mortar the stock on the groung to unchamber the round. I believe the chamber is too tight and would like to get it fixed if possible.

I don't really want to try to return it because of the hassle and it might not even be an option after the 3 or so months since I placed the order.

Can a gunsmith fix the chamber/headspace (Chrome Lined) or am I stuck with what I have.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:51:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:39:56 PM EDT
You need to ask the smith if he has a dreamer to cut the chamber. Do you know which chamber the barrel is? Spec 1 or spec2.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:24:19 PM EDT
You can ream the chrome lined chamber but it won't be chrome lined anymore. The barrel is not properly headspaced from the factory, send it back.
Top Top