Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:19:25 PM EDT
Quite some time ago I ordered a HF Chrome Lined 6.8 barrel for a new build. I put it together and it will not fully chamber factory 6.8 rounds or my reloads. Those loads functioned perfectly in my other 6.8 rifle, a factory Noveske 6.8. Since I had 2 complete carriers/bolts in 6.8, I traded parts around trying to make it function and nothing makes a difference. The new build with the new barrel just won't function. In fact, when I try to chamber a round the bolt will not completely close and I have to mortar the stock on the groung to unchamber the round. I believe the chamber is too tight and would like to get it fixed if possible.

I don't really want to try to return it because of the hassle and it might not even be an option after the 3 or so months since I placed the order.

Can a gunsmith fix the chamber/headspace (Chrome Lined) or am I stuck with what I have.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You need to ask  the smith if he has a dreamer to cut the chamber. Do you know which chamber the barrel is? Spec 1 or spec2.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You can ream the chrome lined chamber but it won't be chrome lined anymore.  The barrel is not properly headspaced from the factory, send it back.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top