Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 10:46:42 AM EDT
Sorry if this question has been asked before.  I took my Ciener .22lr conversion kit out for the 1st day yesterday.  I was using 55gr Remington(UMC) and Dynapoint .22lr (44gr?).  At 50 yrds my Eotech is dead on with .223 and the .22's are about 4 inches low.  Does anybody know a descent combination of 5.56/.223 and .22lr (high velo?) that will have a minimum difference in poi @50yrds with a RRA 16" carbine?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there's any .22LR rifle that will shoot to the same place as .223s at 50 yds.  (At 25 the .22s do shoot pretty close to .223s.)  I suppose Stingers will come the closest because they're faster, but the best I think you'll be able to do is split the difference and make the .223s shoot 2" high and the .22s 2" low instead of dead on and 4" low.  But that'll give you a less than ideal trajectory for real use.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
You might be able to get your 22 POI up a couple inches by switching to a high-speed ammo. The Dynapoints are subsonic, and I've noticed that hi-speeds such as Federal Bulk will print a couple inches higher at 50.

Another idea would be to get a second sight, such as a cheap scope, set up just for .22.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top