Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 3:17:06 AM EDT
Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it? I know the 5.45x39 ammo is corrosive but at l60 for 1080 rds sound like a lot of fun days at the range. Any info on these uppers would be great. thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it? I know the 5.45x39 ammo is corrosive but at l60 for 1080 rds sound like a lot of fun days at the range. Any info on these uppers would be great. thanks

I use to shoot corrosive 7.62x39mm Steel Core Copper wash

Just ran my Bath Tub with HOT SOAPY WATER and let it sit

I would Clean afterwards like any weapon

If I had alot of ammo I would buy one for plinking range toy

I rather have the 5.56mm for protection since there are alot of good loads out there
plus I have a bunch of ammo already
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:41:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Have one, love it.  Hell, it's all I shoot in an AR platform now.  Even dumped a few K rounds of 223 cause I wasn't shooting it anymore, just the 5.45.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:51:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the complete S&W rifle, got it cheaper that way...

I also have a custom upper by Teppo Jutsu in 5.45x39 and am still wating on another one from someone else...

they are lots of fun, but I haven't accuracy tested anything yet at 100 yards.

Hopefully this month...  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
If cost is the main reason then I'd consider a dedicated .22lr.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one. It shot good but the c-products magazines ARE NOT reliable. I was getting a lot of FTF's. They would get jammed up because the bullet would completely miss the chamber sometimes and get stuck in the upper corner of the barrel extension. When it worked it was amazing. However, I won't own a gun that isn't at best VERY reliable. This one wasn't (because of the mags) so I sold it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I use the C-products mags in my S&W and haven't had any issues yet.  Granted, I've only got about 300 rounds through it so far, but everything has worked well.

The custom upper from Teppo Jutso is on a custom lower as well, it takes AK-74 bakelite mags.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use to shoot corrosive 7.62x39mm Steel Core Copper wash

Just ran my Bath Tub with HOT SOAPY WATER and let it sit

I would Clean afterwards like any weapon

If I had alot of ammo I would buy one for plinking range toy

I rather have the 5.56mm for protection since there are alot of good loads out there
plus I have a bunch of ammo already

Help is on the way.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#8]
After about 100 rounds, my M&P upper is working fine.  My three magazines also work, but they are the only steel AR mags I've ever bought that did.  Don't understand why they can't make them out of Al like the 223 mags.  I have magazine number four on order.  X my fingers.

Tony
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#9]
well i am on the look out for one now hope to get one in the next few weeks.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top