Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2003 8:39:23 PM EDT
Is to long to fit on my Colt upper and have an AMRS #40 co-witness:(. I asked the board before I went this route, and was told they would both fit. Well, I am here to tell you first hand that they don't! Good thing I have a 511 that takes the smaller batteries! Anyone have a solution/observation. Am I missing something? I want to keep the handguards, and those rail systems are pricey! If all else fails, I will just put the 511 on. If someone has pics of a LONG EOTech with a #40 that fits on the M4 rail, I would like to see pics. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a BUNCH of pics of 552s that sat in front of #40s...

Will it not fit at all, even with just a little of the front out over the delta ring?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]
It won't fit, not comfortably any way. I may be able to cram them both on, but I REALLY don't think so.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
There should be plenty of room for them both. There won't be a hell of a lot of room between them, but there doesn't need to be, to operate the controls on the Eotech. Do you have the #40 mounted in the rear-most slot? If so, try mounting the Eotech with about an inch hanging over the delta ring, and see if that works.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 12:43:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Some folks have told me they overhang the EOTech a notch or two over the slip ring and file off a tiny bit from the handguard to let it fit.

Never tried it myself, but seen it done. Where there's a will, there's a way.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
You can always sell me the EOTech on the cheap :-)
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:59:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That is what I did. I just let it over hang a little. Works Great! This is it.

[IMG]http://debearstoys.debeardesigns.com/images/camorifle.jpg[/IMG]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#7]
That's funny I've got an ARMS #40 and a EO Tech 522 (AA battery) mounted on my flattop upper just fine.  Is your ARMS #40 all the way back, and is the EO Tech foward?  The front end of the EO Tech should be hanging over the delta ring.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
The 552 and ARMS 40 combo works well with everything on the flat top. I found that I had no problems using the 552's controls with the setup below.

[img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/70/D2/19917936-d7a4-02000180-.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#9]
EOTEch's mounting point is only about a inch uner the body.  If you look at the underside, you will see the clip that secure the sight onto the rail.  You don't need to line the entire body onto the upper receiver.  This is a misunderstanding with a lot of EOTech owner.  They think the entire body of the sight has to align iwth the receiver rail.  you can over hang as much as you want.  with a RAS, I mount my 552 up to the second notch from the front of the receiver.  I suggest you push the 552 up toward the handguard, but not too much as the battery compartment is block by the handguard.  you will have enough room for the #40.

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top