Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:13:37 AM EST
I have a complete 45 acp upper. I hardly ever shoot it. It just sits in the safe. Should I sell it or keep it. I've been wanting a .17hmr for a while and if I sold the upper I could use that money to buy the 17. The problem I have is not knowing what it is worth. I could buy another lower and have a complete new gun, but I don't really want to do that. Give me some feedback. Oh, and I have 2 16rd Uzi mags also.

Thanks, Ken
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:58:24 PM EST
OLY?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:26:07 PM EST
You casually mention 2 16 round mags. They probably represent about 30% of the value of the whole package.

But not to me. I have a Cav Arms MKII which takes M3 mags.

It shouldn't be too difficult to sell your package. Lots of people want a .45 AR.

It is great fun!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:09:51 PM EST
Yeah, having two mags with it should really help it sell. The Oly 16 round magazines are nearly impossible to find, and pricey if you do.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:29:44 AM EST
Oly sells uppers new for $600+. Upper is worth $550-$600 depending on condition and accessories. I would not sell it with the mags as few buyers are willing to shell out the going rate for the 16 round Uzi mags. I would sell the mags separately as there may someone with a .45 upper already that just wants the mags.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:38:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By TANGOCHASER:
Oly sells uppers new for $600+. Upper is worth $550-$600 depending on condition and accessories. I would not sell it with the mags as few buyers are willing to shell out the going rate for the 16 round Uzi mags. I would sell the mags separately as there may someone with a .45 upper already that just wants the mags.

New Oly .45 upper with one 10 rd modified Uzi mag about $542 from MidwayUSA with C&R discount. The Uzi mags have pretty well dried up, but certainly have a value, esp. in the 16 round size. The complete upper itself, without the mags, and used, should be less, depending on condition.

Have heard that Oly is working on new magazines - have no idea if this is correct.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:53:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/6/2008 5:54:18 AM EST by MMcfpd]

Originally Posted By edlmann:
Have heard that Oly is working on new magazines - have no idea if this is correct.

They are working on a polymer mag, through a third party I believe. But when I recently inquired they told me, basically, don't hold your breath.

There are almost always one or two 16 round Uzi mags on Gunbroker, usually in the $100-200 range. Those are virgins, unmodified for the .45 AR application, but I'd imagine the modified ones might run in the same price range.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:17:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/6/2008 7:18:40 AM EST by flyfshrfan]
I believe it is a Oly upper but not sure. How do I tell. THe only markings other than 45acp on the barrel is a P M marking on the right side of the carry handle under the rear sight. It is a a1 style. I have been told that Oly were going to have new mags out in 4 to 5 months.Here is a pic that I have of it. http://www.flyfishsouth.com/upload/Ken/45acpupper.JPG
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 7:50:36 AM EST
In 9mm conversions, Oly's uppers are easy to spot by the cross pin holding the ejector. It appears your .45acp upper has the cross pin also so I believe it's an Oly.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:19:55 AM EST

edlmann:
New Oly .45 upper with one 10 rd modified Uzi mag about $542 from MidwayUSA with C&R discount. The Uzi mags have pretty well dried up, but certainly have a value, esp. in the 16 round size. The complete upper itself, without the mags, and used, should be less, depending on condition.

Midway is back ordered till late July and when they do get uppers in, I doubt very much they will have mags with them as Oly ran out some time ago.

Oly's new mags are supposed to be patterned after their Simuntion mags but I wouldn't expect to see them this year.
Top Top