Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 11:23:15 AM EDT
Hi guys looking for advice I stay in South Africa and just bought a Colt AR15 SP1.I want to use it for our local 3 gun competitions.Does anyone have advice on what make of 40 round mags I should get as I believe some can be unreliable.Dont physically have the gun yet as it takes months over here to get the license.
Also any recomendations for a trigger kit

Thanks

Nigel
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
If you mean 30 round mags........then any USGI issue mags are the way to go if you can get them there!  Manufacturers like Okay Ind., Labelle, and adventureline, etc........make/made mags for the US Army!  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out the AR mag [url=http://magfaq.tripod.com/]FAQ[/url] in the magazines forum.  Most all 40 round mags for ARs are steel pieces of junk, the only exceptions being the genuine Sterling ones (but they can go for $100 each.)  I'd suggest just stocking up on USGI 30 rounders w/ green followers; you really can't get any better than that for reliability/functionality.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#3]
[beer] Welcome, and enjoy your stay. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I have several PMI (Precision Mag Ind.) 40 round mags and they all work well. Even better after you put green folowers in them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top