Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2006 6:52:29 PM EDT
Comments & feedback on first rifles? Selections came about after reading numerous posts & asking a lot of questions. Thanks for all your help!

Varmint rig is RRA Coyote with Mueller 8.5-25x Eradicator scope. Bipod is Versa-Pod for bench & sitting position.

Tactical rig is RRA Pro-Series Government with Aimpoint ML2 & GG&G Accucam mount.

Link Posted: 12/17/2006 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]

not much into varmit style rigs but I like the tac setup, get a light on there and you're gtg

Mike
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
What light configurations recommended?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Comments & feedback on first rifles?

OK!  I don't know how you plan on getting a consitant or even an acceptable cheek weld with your scope mounted that far back.  I mean... most knowledgeable shooters will use the Nose To Charging handle method to ensure a consistant head position on the weapon, and thus consistant POI.

Don't take this as a slam.  You asked, and that's just my opinion.  99% of the scope mounts I see on this sight are the exact same way.

A good way to set up a scope on a rifle is for the shooter to get into position with his head where he intends to have it when shooting, and then mount the scope to the gun where you get the proper amount of eye relief.

Also, your BI POD is too tall.  How would that work in the prone position.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Comments & feedback on first rifles? Selections came about after reading numerous posts & asking a lot of questions. Thanks for all your help!

Varmint rig is RRA Coyote with Mueller 8.5-25x Eradicator scope. Bipod is Versa-Pod for bench & sitting position.
img250.imageshack.us/img250/6131/dvc00102cu9.th.jpg</a>
img147.imageshack.us/img147/4709/dvc00099hl9.th.jpg</a>

Tactical rig is RRA Pro-Series Government with Aimpoint ML2 & GG&G Accucam mount.
img88.imageshack.us/img88/6893/dvc00104jm6.th.jpg</a>
img301.imageshack.us/img301/6023/dvc00105bd4.th.jpg</a>

Thats why it is so tall
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Two very nice looking rifles
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#6]
The varmint scope was mounted using this method. Eye relief is fine for me & cheek weld feels right on the ACE stock. Installation assistance was from a reputable local gunsmith.

Don't plan on doing any prone -- only sitting, kneeling, or bench.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 5:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The varmint scope was mounted using this method. Eye relief is fine for me & cheek weld feels right on the ACE stock. Installation assistance was from a reputable local gunsmith.

Dig it!  If it works for your need.. cool.  My perspective is coming from the precision rifle realm where you're sitting prone on the weapon for longer periods!
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dig it!  If it works for your need.. cool.  My perspective is coming from the precision rifle realm where you're sitting prone on the weapon for longer periods!
Hmm, sitting prone on the rifle, must be why you have so much time to make posts.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]
"Hmm, sitting prone on the rifle, must be why you have so much time to make posts".

I wonder if when it goes "bang", it feels good? Maybe we're onto something "kinky"?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top