Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:28:50 AM EDT
i was wondering if anyone can explain the pro/con of 1 and 2 stage triggers. I have never used a two stage trigger. I am looking for an upgrade to my stock bushy trigger, which i dislike. This is a range/ personal defense carbine and want to improve the overall preformance. Also considering h-buffer. Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. I want a better rifle but don't want to sacrafice reliability. I have never had one issue, ie: FTF, FTE., etc. running it stock w/ about 2500 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:03:23 AM EDT
Single stage trigger is what you have now. It may not be a good one. I like JP and accuracy speaks. Some are saying good things about Mc drop in.

A good single stage trigger should have no takeup, [free trave], should break cleanly without felt creep, and little overtravel, and short reset.

A 2 stage will have first stage that you pull through, then a distinct point where pressure increases, then breaks. It is very good for bench rest shooting and takes more training than single stage.

I want all my guns triggers to feel the same so I like 3lb single stage on my pistols, shotguns, and rifles.

Action shooting is usually single stage, you don't have time to prep the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:58:25 AM EDT
Thanks for the info. It was exactly what i was looking for.
Top Top