Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:28:50 AM EDT
i was wondering if anyone can explain the pro/con  of 1 and 2 stage triggers.  I have never used a two stage trigger.  I am looking for an upgrade to my stock bushy trigger, which i dislike.  This is a range/ personal defense carbine and want to improve the overall preformance.  Also considering h-buffer.  Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.  I want a better rifle but don't want to sacrafice reliability.  I have never had one issue,  ie: FTF, FTE., etc.  running it stock w/ about 2500 rounds through it.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Single stage trigger is what you have now. It may not be a good one. I like JP and accuracy speaks. Some are saying good things about Mc drop in.

A good single stage trigger should have no takeup, [free trave], should break cleanly without felt creep, and little overtravel, and short reset.

A 2 stage will have first stage that you pull through, then a distinct point where pressure increases, then breaks. It is very good for bench rest shooting and takes more training than single stage.

I want all my guns triggers to feel the same so I like 3lb single stage on my pistols, shotguns, and rifles.

Action shooting is usually single stage, you don't have time to prep the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  It was exactly what i was looking for.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top