Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2002 10:54:36 PM EDT
i just found some yugoslavian ammo that doesnt look bad.the only problem is that it is on links and i have heard that taking bullets off the links is pretty damn hard if it can be done at all. also is this ammo any good just for plinking.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Hand linking/delinking is not all that hard. You really just have to get the feel for it and after that it is no problem. Your fingers will hurt after a while, but I have done over a thousand in a day before.

The Yugo ammo is pretty good plinking ammo.  I would rate it above plinking ammo, but what else are you really going to do with it????????

None of my Yugo came in links, are they the crappy U.S. style desintagrating or 50 round "belts"? (German style, the good kind)
If they are the German style it is quite easy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
no, i found it at the ammunition store and it is on 1919 links.
Link Posted: 10/12/2002 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats for a Browning 1917 machine gun. Same as the U.S. gun, only used in many Arab countries in 8mm since that was their standard caliber for their Mausers.You can delink it by hand but it is a pain in the butt.  It will scratch the cases, but don't worry about that it won't cause any harm.

Just out of Curiosity, what is the head stamp on the ammo?  Does it use Roman Numbers, regular modern western lettering or cyrilic?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top