Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:12:51 AM EDT
Does anyone use an 18" barrel for general shooting?  How much of an advantage would an 18" be over a 16" in terms of accuracy and velocity?  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Although I have very limited experience, I chose an 18" barrel for my first build.  I basically kept everything "middle of the road".  I didnt want a full out long range gun, and I didnt want a CQB rifle either.  I like the idea of the mid length gas system so I chose a CMMG chrome lined 1/8 18" barrel for my build.  I think it offers a good amount of concealability (sp) as well as good long range shooting.  Check out my post in the build it yourself forum if you want to check out my rifle.  

Just my two cents,

JZ
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Does anyone use an 18" barrel for general shooting?  How much of an advantage would an 18" be over a 16" in terms of accuracy and velocity?  Any help would be appreciated.

Umm...  Not much.

You said any help!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
you will get a little more velocity and fragmentational range...

supposidly, NO more accuracy is gained w/ a longer bbl--so none
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top