Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2003 6:50:00 AM EDT
Please excuse me if these have already been addressed, but I couldn't find the answers anywhere.

16" Barrel vs 20" Barrel:
I really like the compactness of the 16" barrel, so what are the advantages of a 20" barrel over a 16".  I really don't ever expect to shoot anything more than 150-200 yrds.  That would be the occasional varmint (coyote, fox, wild dog, etc.).  I'll probably be using Q3131A (I can get by Bass Pro or Galyans easily when it's on sale).  I'm guessing at these distances, both barrels would pretty much perform the same.

A2 Upper vs A4 Upper:
I'm also considering getting an upper with the A4 receiver and a gas block for a removable front sight.  I really like the traditional A2 upper look, but would like to be able to remove the carry handle and front sight and mount a scope.   My question is, once I sight in the removable carry handle and front sight, if I take them off and then reattach them, will they hold zero.

Does any one have any experience with Model 1 Sales uppers?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Go 16" if you are not going shoot

- more than 150 yards with M193
- more than 250 yards with Mk262 Mod1

IIRC, 20" gives you about 50 yards more on fragmentation envelope and a little more flatter trajectory, less muzzle blast, gas system being a bit more reliable, et al.

Go flattop - you can choose to use carry handle but if you buy A2 you are STUCK with it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top