Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 7:23:52 AM EDT
I need help in getting started with the process of buying a 14.5" barrel and a suppressor for my AR.  I know and understand the legalities and all but I don't know where to begin.   I am looking at replacing an old 16" SP1 1/7 Colt Barrel with a Bushy 14.5" 1/7, and an Advanced Armament M4 2000 suppressor.  Please post any advice or directions as to how I can begin this lengthy process.  I have ordered the form 4 before but messed it up and I need help in completing a new one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#1]
are you planning on permanently attaching the Advanced Armament fast attach flash suppressor to yuor barrel to take it out to legal 16" length?  I am assuming so.  If not the appropriate place to start would be filing a form 1 to register your AR as an SBR.  Otherwise, since you have to have the can transferred to you through a class III dealer in your state, I'd start by talking to the dealer with whom you'd be working with and ask him any questions you have.  Obviously for the can the form 4 is the place to start.

www.advanced-armament.com/ownership.html you've probably already seen this but if not it may answer some questions for you.  Good luck with the purchase.  I have been contemplating the same purchase myself.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I need help in getting started with the process of buying a 14.5" barrel and a suppressor for my AR.  I know and understand the legalities and all but I don't know where to begin.   I am looking at replacing an old 16" SP1 1/7 Colt Barrel with a Bushy 14.5" 1/7, and an Advanced Armament M4 2000 suppressor.  Please post any advice or directions as to how I can begin this lengthy process.  I have ordered the form 4 before but messed it up and I need help in completing a new one.
View Quote

Your dealer should complete all of it for you less the LEO signature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top