Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2020 1:51:34 PM EDT
This is a follow up to my archived review thread -> https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/13-7-Rosco-Purebred-Barrel-Accuracy-Test/12-744089/

I have shot this rifle at 6 or 7 2-gun comps as well as a couple of range days. This time around I only tested 4 different factory loads, and shot 2-3 5-shot groups each depending on how much of each I had available. All groups were shot by me this time, and I threw a Primary Arms 4-16x w/mil-dot reticle. There was a slight right to left breeze the day I shot a couple of weeks ago. Only 1 group was MOA or less. However, I think this is more of a indication of my shooting ability than the barrel. There were a few MOA or smaller groups last time, all shot by guys that don't shoot a lot of paper or long range. I think do think this barrel is an MOA or less barrel with someone that shoots for MOA often. However, unless you are a budget MOA shooter (usually $130-$144), there are a lot more proven options out there. Overall I am very happy with the barrel for my intended uses. The rifle is incredibly smooth and meets my needs for 2 gun/Cola Warrior.

For some reason I had 12 rounds of PPU and didn't think about that while I was loading mags. Second group has 7 rounds. 5 shots were nice and tight with 2 being a little further away. If I had enough for a 10 round group, I am sure the other 3 would have been out with the 2 fliers.

I did somehow manage to shoot a .7635 inch group with the 77gr Federal this time. Not sure what I did differently here compared to the other 9 groups of the day, but I did manage a 1.0170 inch group with it the first time.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the BA Hanson 13.7, but I kind of wish I went with the Rosco. Where in AZ are you. I am about an hour SE of Tucson.

That isn't bad. Not great, not terrible. I am hoping to really dial in my 13.7 here soon

Zeroed my 18  Faxon 223 wylde and then 18'' 308. My 13.7 BA wasn't even good enough to want to take pictures.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with the BA Hanson 13.7, but I kind of wish I went with the Rosco. Where in AZ are you. I am about an hour SE of Tucson.

That isn't bad. Not great, not terrible. I am hoping to really dial in my 13.7 here soon

Zeroed my 18  Faxon 223 wylde and then 18'' 308. My 13.7 BA wasn't even good enough to want to take pictures.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/IMG_1544_jpg-1333218.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/324355/IMG_1545_jpg-1333219.JPG
View Quote

NW corner of the greater Phoenix valley. Pretty close to Ben Avery. I looked at the Ballistic Advantage 13.7. I have a 16" of theirs and had a 16" hanson that was awesome. I went Rosco because I wanted mid length gas. I really love the way it shoots!
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quite acceptable.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quite acceptable.
View Quote

I think so. Apparently Ben Avery does sled rentals. I am just about to get started with reloading, so part of me wants to do with a sled and reloads eventually. I like the concept of chasing a tiny group, but I also don't have the patience.... We'll see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top