Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2011 3:53:31 PM EDT
I have an SBR lower and want to build a short barrel upper 10mm for it.  I want the barrel around 7" and I want a low pro gas block with a full rail covering it all.  Can I buy the parts to assemble as I go or do I have to buy the kit?  I know Oly is selling the uppers and full rifles but they're all 16".  What I would like ideally like to buy is an upper with the bcg and a 7" barrel, then I'll pick up a ff rail and muzzle device and assemble later.  

Any thoughts?  I live in the sticks, hunt a lot and travel different places hunting and the outdoors.  I typically keep a Glock 20 nearby or on my hip.  I'd love to have a small short rifle in the same caliber available to me as well, not too mention I think a nice little short rifle in 10mm would be a pretty trick setup.  

Scott
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact member ronaldwilliams. He can build what you need.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Contact member ronaldwilliams. He can build what you need.

This.  I've got a 10" 10mm barrel and bolt from him.  Excellent product and decent prices.  Pretty fast turn around as well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 5:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Somthing like this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
ooooh baby...  excuse me while i go change my shorts....  

yea ron, exactly like that.  that's the rail I was going to use, same one on my 6.8 sbr.  problem is funds are a little limited so I was going to buy parts as I go to finish it off as I can.  Can you IM me some info on that one you just pictured?
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 11:43:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Easy solution.

I bought an Oly Arms 45 ACP upper with a 16" barrel.

Took the barrel off, sent it to Rainer Arms and their gunsmith professionally cut and threaded my barrel to 7.5" for a flash hider too.  Excellent work.  Could do the same with an Oly 10mm upper.

Olympic Arms has more experience with 10mm PCC than anyone else in the field.  No one else is close and they make their own 10mm polymer full-sized mags

But with the ballistics of 10mm - why limit the round?  With a full 16" barrel you really have the most accuarte PCC out to 80 plus yards.

I cut 45 acp down because at 60 yards a 230 grainer drops like a brick.

But Oly has what you want.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Easy solution.

I bought an Oly Arms 45 ACP upper with a 16" barrel.

Took the barrel off, sent it to Rainer Arms and their gunsmith professionally cut and threaded my barrel to 7.5" for a flash hider too.  Excellent work.  Could do the same with an Oly 10mm upper. Is OLY selling parts now? He is looking for parts/kit.

Olympic Arms has more experience with 10mm PCC than anyone else in the field.  No one else is close and they make their own 10mm polymer full-sized magsThe 10mm(in its true form) is too much for blowback. Even with the heaviest buffers/springs cases are thrown a country mile. I know. I had one.

But with the ballistics of 10mm - why limit the round?  With a full 16" barrel you really have the most accuarte PCC out to 80 plus yards.I see no accuracy loss between the 7.5" to the 16". Mabe its a blowback issue. Theres a 100-120fps loss with the shorter brl.

I cut 45 acp down because at 60 yards a 230 grainer drops like a brick. I shoot my DI45 at 100yds without issue. My 230s drop about 7" at 100yds. Very easy to pop the 8" steel plate.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Aimless's Blog.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I've built close to 50 .45ACP blowback uppers using Oly parts. Only had one factory Oly upper sent back by a customer who said it wouldn't group. I shot it and it groups fine. I still have the upper.

I've never had to send an Oly .45ACP part back. I did have alot of problems swapping out the upper receivers if a customer specified a different receiver. I think Oly torques the shit out of them to keep them from coming loose as there is no gas tube to keep the barrel nut from spinning loose. I broke almost eevery Oly upper receiver I removed from a barrel.

I have questioned their business practices on more than one occassion. They changed their non-FFL account rules and promptly put me out of business selling custom uppers. Gotta have a store front now, no home based businesses count for the dealer discount and the non-FFL dealer discount is not the same as a FFL dealer account. Just a move to get more FFL dealers and then stick them with minimum orders in my opinion.

Their .45ACP upper parts patents expire in 2012.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I spoke to someone the other day reporting oly plastic mags failing. Here on these boards someone reported puting rounds in a NEW mag & the feed lips cracked. Too bad they did not go the way of Glock & install the SS liner. I guess they could not think of everything
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top